Application for Employment
This application must be submitted to the Stewart County Sheriff’s Office. Copies of certain documents are required to be submitted with this application. If you do not have the documents at the time you submit your application you must state why the documents are not attached and if you are attempting to acquire the documents.
- Must be a United States Citizen and at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must not have been convicted or plead guilty or entered a plea of Nolo Contendere to any felony charge.
- Must not have been convicted of any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as defined by Tennessee State Law.
- Must not have been released or discharged under other than honorable conditions from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Must be a resident of Stewart County or establish residence within 30 days of employment.
- Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license
- Must be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition, of the American Psychological Association.
- Must submit, attached to a completed application form copies of:
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- DD-214/DD-215 Military Discharge (if applicable)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Must not misstate or omit material facts; since the statements made herein will be used to determine qualifications of employment.
- Must be able to pass psychological examination and drug screen.
- Must pass a complete background investigation and submit fingerprints to TBI and FBI.
- There are additional requirements for POST certified law enforcement positions.
STEWART COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Download and Print Application to be dropped off at the Stewart County Sheriff’s Office.
Submit completed application and/resume online here.